Franz licensed software
Franz: Allegro Common Lisp
The School of Computer Science maintains a site license for Allegro Common Lisp. Allegro CL is a dynamic object-oriented programming system designed to provide cross-platform portability. It enables you to build highly scalable, evolved systems for deployment on a wide range of Unix systems and Windows. Allegro CL has dynamic runtime behavior, including incremental compilation, automatic memory management, and macro expansion. Applications built in Allegro CL can include domain-specific extensions and are able to evolve and change while running, even without source code.
- License holder: School of Computer Science.
- Quantity licensed: Unlimited.
- Available for: Linux, Solaris, Windows.
- Who can install it: Faculty, staff, students.
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home.
- Type of license: Perpetual.
- Cost to users: None.
- Getting access to it: No special access is required.
- How to get it: Download Windows version from
\\Monolith\pc_distor MyAndrew. Email email@example.com to inquire about obtaining other versions.
- License code required: Yes. The license codes are provided in text files that accompany the distribution.
- Getting help using it: This application is volunteer maintained. You may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restrictions: Software can be used for academic, non-commercial purposes only.
- Individual use rights available upon termination: None. All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with the University.