Making a Purchase
Purchase requests can be submitted using the Purchase Request Web Form.
On this page:
You will need to have all the necessary supporting documentation before submitting your order. To purchase items through SCS Computing Facilities technical procurement you will need the following information:
- The product/part you wish to purchase, including the name of the vendor and any quote you may have received for the item.
- The quantity of the product/part that should be purchased.
- An Oracle string(s) for the purchase. Note: Capital equipment purchases cannot be made on Oracle strings that are within 90 days of their final close.
- The timeframe in which you need the item.
- If your equipment purchase will exceed $2,500 and you are buying with government funds from a nonpreferred vendor
if your equipment purchase will exceed $5,000 and you are buying with University funds from a nonpreferred vendor,
you must obtain competitive bids and complete pages one and two of the Purchasing Checklist and Bid Summary form
Place your order using the Purchase Requests Web Form.
For questions regarding a computer purchase, compatibility or upgrade, please contact, the SCS Help Desk.
When your order has been received (and tagged, if its value exceeds $1,000), you will receive e-mail notification with the pick-up location.
Purchases may be picked up in Wean Hall 3613 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Photo ID is required.
All laptop purchasers must fill out an off-campus equipment authorization form before receiving their machine.
Your receipt notification will include the following additional information:
- The CMU asset number of the host (if the cost exceeded $1,000)
- The URL to use to register your equipment for the wired network and to request installation of an operating system and application software, if you choose.
- The Configure and Administer SCS Equipment form will allow you to register, configure and administer computing equipment within the SCS network. This form can be used to request SCS wired network access and to request the installation of a new operating system ona machine.