SCS Operations offers a poster printing service for members of the SCS community. Poster printing is available, by request, for SCS related materials.
- Must have an SCS user ID
- Must be SCS related work
- Must be either Powerpoint (PPT, PPTX) or PDF format
- Must present CMU ID card when picking up poster
- Posters should be picked up within 24 hours of completion.
- Please do not wait until the last hour of the due date to submit your poster or you could encounter printer queue delays.
- Posters may be submitted anytime—For tracking purposes, please submit one file per email.
- Printing will be done 24/5 Monday through Friday—excluding major holidays.
- Weekend printing is done by request only. The request for authorization must be submitted to email@example.com before 4pm on Friday. If approved, follow the print request procedure on this page.
- Typical turnaround for poster printing is one business day, unless there is a large demand for poster printing at the time of the request, i.e., end of semester poster presentation sessions.
- SCS Operations does not provide poster tubes, poster boards or poster cutting/trimming.
- Multiple copies and reprints are not permitted.
Print Request Procedure
- Create poster in either Powerpoint (PPT, PPTX) or PDF format.
- If another program is used to create a poster it must be converted to PDF before submitting.
- Poster must be created to the height and width being requested as they will not be scaled or resized. (Poster sizes are available in either 36 inch or 42 inch wide format. The length can be up to 96 inches.)
- When designing in PowerPoint or similar application, never "Copy and Paste" image graphics into your file. Always "Insert as Picture".
- When creating a PDF file, please make sure that the page format dimensions are preserved before submitting the poster.
- The printer does not print to the edge of the paper. Please remember to leave margins of at least 0.5 inches on each side of the print job.
- Submit file to firstname.lastname@example.org for printing.
- The subject line should be "POSTER PRINTING REQUEST".
- The body of the message needs to contain:
- The requestor's full name
- The requestor's SCS user ID
- A contact phone number
- The requested size of the poster
- The file (PDF or Powerpoint (PPT, PPTX)) must be submitted as an attachment to the email.
- Please send one poster per email.
- Upon receipt of email, Operations will review request.
- If any issues are found in the request, the requestor will be asked to make any corrections before resubmitting.
- If all information in the request is correct, the poster will be printed and the requestor will be notified, via email, of completion and pickup availability.
- All email communications will be sent to the requestor's specified SCS email account.
Poster Printer Specifications
- HP Universal Semigloss photo paper
- CMYK and RGB color
- Poster media available in 36 inch and 42 inch wide media only
- Requires a minimum of 0.5 inches margins on all sides
Picking up Poster
Posters can be picked up at SCS Operations as shown below.