Printer Setup for Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard)
Initial Printer Setup(The initial printer setup needs to be done once.)
In order to print on OS X v10.5 the following steps should be taken:
- Open the Directory Utility in the Utilities folder under Applications.
- From the menu bar choose GO then select UTILITIES and open the DIRECTORY UTILITY.
- Click on Services in the Directory Utility window.
- If LDAPv3 is not checked, then click on that row to activate it.
- Click the Apply button. Note: you may be required to enter the Administrator password to change this setting.
- Click on Directory Servers in the Directory Utility window.
- Click on the + (the plus button) to add a Directory Server.
- Enter osx.srv.cs.cmu.edu as the server name.
- Click the OK button. Note:You may be required to enter the Administrator password to change this setting.
In order to install a printer the following steps should be taken:
- Open SYSTEM PREFERENCES from the desktop
- Click on PRINT & FAX.
- Click on + (the plus button) to add a new printer.
- Select the name of the desired printer from the list of Open Directory printers in the list that appears.