Gates Move Information from SCS Computing Facilities
In preparation for the upcoming move to the Gates Hillman Center, SCS Computing Facilities is providing the following information for our user community.
For machine moves, here are some important reminders:
- Shutdown your machine(s) no later than 12:00 noon the day before your move.
- Label your equipment including monitor(s), CPU(s) and your UPS. If your machine is not labeled, it will not be moved. You do NOT need to label keyboards, mice and speakers; SCS Computing Facilities will pack these items.
- Please do not show up at your NEW office until 12:00 noon the next business day after your move date.
- SCS Computing Facilities will NOT be moving laptops. We will move any peripherals that are associated with the laptop; please make sure that they are labeled.
- There will be a satellite Help Desk in Gates 6121 with extended hours during the move. For detailed information about the SCS Help Desk coverage please click here for >http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~help/gates/helpdesk-gates-extend.html
- Public printers, that are currently located in Wean Hall, will be moving to GHC and will be renamed. A schedule of these moves and names is located at: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~help/gates/gates-printer-move.html
- We have created a status web site for your use during this move. This site will be updated frequently every day; it is intended to be your first source of information regarding your office move. Before you come to your new office, please check the status of your office move on this web site. Please see: http://gatesmove.srv.cs.cmu.edu
- For the next two weeks our services will be focused on the GHC moves.
During the moving process we ask for your patience. Our entire team is working to make your transition into the new buildings as smooth as possible.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SCS Help Desk (x8-4231) if you have questions regarding the move.
Thank you for your attention,
SCS Help Desk