SCS Network Infrastructure Upgrade Scheduled
As a part of SCS Computing Facilities commitment to providing reliable and dependable service we are pleased to announce the upgrade of the SCS Computing Facilities network infrastructure.
Beginning in June 2008 SCS Computing Facilities will begin upgrading the SCS network infrastructure in several SCS buildings. This network upgrade will provide the SCS user community with:
- 1 Gigabit connections to the desktop (where the building network cabling permits)
- New router and switch hardware that will allow for the implementation of additional network security features and permit the increased use of IP routing
- A second core router that will provide additional network redundancy
The network areas that are scheduled for the upgrade are:
- All floors of Newell Simon Hall
- Both floors of Smith Hall
- Floors 1 through 5 of Wean Hall
- NREC in Lawrenceville
- The ICES area of Hamburg Hall
- The "B" Level of Porter Baker Hall
The following current SCS areas will not be upgraded due to future occupation considerations of SCS personnel in the SCS Complex.
- Wean Hall floors 7 and 8
- Doherty Hall
The following current SCS areas already have 1 Gigabit connections to the desktop so they will not be upgraded.
- 300 South Craig Street
- 407 South Craig Street
- 417 South Craig Street
If you have any questions regarding the network upgrade, please contact the SCS Help Desk at x8-4231 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your attention,
SCS Help Desk