Reminder: Campus Network Outage July 29th 2006
CS Computing Facilities has received the following Reminder from Computing Services
WHAT: A series of network outages that will affect services has been scheduled for the next four Saturday mornings.
WHY: Upgrades are being performed on network equipment housed in the Cyert A100 machine room. In order to perform these upgrades, key connections between the network and servers (that house our campus services) must be disrupted as we reestablish connections to the new equipment.
WHEN: Outages will take place on Saturday mornings of July 29, August 5 and August 12 between 5 - 10 a.m. For more details, see the web page at http://www.cmu.edu/computing/outage/
Services affected by this network outage include, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Email Services (reading and sending, Webmail; mail will be queued and then delivered once systems are operational)
- Andrew Calendar Services
- All administrative computing services (Oracle Financials, HRIS, SIS, TMS, etc.)
- File Services (AFS, DFS, MyFiles and some departmental servers)s
- Directory Services (LDAP)s
- Web Services (Carnegie Mellon Portal, www.cmu.edu, www.andrew.cmu.edu, some departmental web servers)s
- Web Publishing Systems (AWPS)s
- Software license servers (serving licenses for: 3D Studio Max, Adams, ANSYS, FrameMaker, IMSL, IronCAD Maple, MathCAD, Mathematica, Matlab, Maya, ProEngineer/ProMechanica, SolidWorks, S-Plus)s
- All Computing Services clusterss
- Andrew & Cluster Printings
- unix server poolss
- All Andrew workstationss
- Web-based network services such as Netreg http://netreg.net.cmu.edu/ and other related systems (e.g., Bandwidth, Netnotify)s
- Dialup servicess
- WebSSL VPN Service (www.vpn.cmu.edu)s
If you have questions about a service that is not included in the list above, or if you have other questions or comments, please direct them to the Computing Services Help Center at x8-HELP or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departmental Computing Group Mailing List email@example.com http://www.cmu.edu/computing/dept-computing