AnyConnect iPhone, iPad Readme
SCS Anyconnect Profiles
There are 2 SCS Anyconnect profiles: scs.vpn.cmu.edu and scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu. The scs.vpn.cmu.edu profile passes all traffic through the tunnel. The scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu profile tunnels only traffic destined to CMU and will allow users on their home network to access local printers and devices while still having access to IP restricted CMU/SCS resources. SCS facilities recommends that the scs.vpn.cmu.edu full tunnel profile be used when connecting to the SCS Anyconnect service from either Carnegie Mellon's wireless network or any public wireless network.
Follow the steps below to install and configure Cisco AnyConnect Client for your iPhone or iPad.
- Install Cisco AnyConnect Client from the iTunes App Store.
- Once installed, select the AnyConnect icon.
- Select Connections, then Add VPN Connection.
- Enter a Description (e.g., SCS VPN) and the Server Address scs.vpn.cmu.edu for full tunnel profile or scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu for the split tunnel profile.
- Click Save.
The Cisco AnyConnect Client is now configured on your device.
Follow the steps below to connect to Cisco AnyConnect Client from your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the AnyConnect icon to open it.
- Select the VPN connection you added.
- Turn AnyConnect VPN ON.
- When prompted, enter your SCS /remote userID and password and click Connect.
You are now connected to VPN.
To disconnect from VPN, select OFF from AnyConnect VPN.
Support and TroubleshootingFor assistance, contact email@example.com or call 412-268-4231 (9 AM to 5 PM M-F), or
see the AnyConnect FAQs for troubleshooting information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.