This page contains links to iPass, VPN, and other networking-related software for use by members of the SCS community.
iPass Open Moblie Client
The Open Mobile Client is an always-on client that runs on Windows, Macs, iPhones, iPads and Android devices. You can use this client to connect to iPass capable and non-iPass capable wired, wireless, 3G, 4G, and Dial-up networks while traveling. Please do not use the client in Pittsburgh except for testing the client. Please do not use the Open Mobile client to connect to home networks and free wireless networks in Pittsburgh including the CMU wireless network.
Login with the Open Mobile client is the same as with iPassConnect, use your /remote instance and password.
- Open Mobile Client for Windows
- Windows Open Mobile Client installer (Version 2.2.0) (MSI file, about 40.5 MB)
- Open Mobile Client Windows User Guide (PDF file, about 224 KB)
- Open Mobile Client for MacOS
- MacOS Open Mobile Client installer (Version 2.1.0) (DMG file, about 17 MB)
- Open Mobile Client MacOS User Guide (PDF file, about 146 KB)
- Open Mobile Client for Android
- Using your Android device, tap this link to install the Android Open Mobile App:
After the app has been installed, tap the following Activation Link:
Select Open Mobile from the pop-up menu to activate the app.
Note: On some devices, you may not be presented with a pop-up menu to activate the app. Try the following work-arounds if you do not see the pop-up window:
1. Clear the browser defaults settings. If you are running OS 4.0 and above, you navigate to Settings -> Apps, or in 2.3 Manage Application -> All and select the browser application you use. Scroll down and tap the Clear Defaults button. Then try tapping the activation link from the downloads page again.
2. Email yourself the link in html format, and then tap the link from the email on your device and select Open Mobile when prompted for which application to open it with.
Open Mobile Client Android User Guide (PDF file, about 310 KB)
- Open Mobile Client for iOS
Note: The first time you connect to an iPass Network, you will be prompted to enter your Account Credentials (/remote username and password).
Cisco AnyConnect VPN Software
- iPhone - iPad
- iPhone - iPad Readme This page contains SCS-specific installation instructions.
- Windows Readme This page contains SCS-specific installation instructions.
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (32 and 64-bit) [.msi file, about 2.4 MB]
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (32 and 64-bit) Profile Updater