Configure Entourage 2008 for Exchange
To configure Entourage 2008 for use within the SCS Exchange environment:
- Open Entourage and, on the menu bar at screen top, click "Entourage" then "Account Settings"
- Click "New"
- Enter your email address
- Check the box next to "My account is on an Exchange server"
- Click "Configure Account Manually"
- In the "Edit Account" dialog box under the "Account Settings" tab, enter the following:
- Account name: "SCS Exchange"
- Name: <Your full name>
- E-mail address:
<Your SCS email address>
- Authentication: Select "Use my account information"
- Account ID: <Your SCS user ID>
- Domain: "SCS"
<Your SCS Windows domain password>
- Exchange Server: "e2k3.srv.cs.cmu.edu"
- Check the box next to: "This DAV service requires ..."
- Under the "Advanced" tab, enter the following under "Directory Settings":
- LDAP Server: "ldap.srv.cs.cmu.edu"
- Uncheck "This server requires me to log on"
- Uncheck " This LDAP server requires a secure connection"
- Search base: "dc=cs,dc=cmu,dc=edu"
- Click "OK"
The account will then synchronize for the first time. If this is an existing Exchange account, the process may take several minutes. Once synchronization completes, the account is successfully configured.