Academic AFS volumes
Instructors teaching graduate courses in the School of Computer Science may request a volume for each term of their class.
This volume will appear as:
/afs/cs/academic/class/<course-number>-<term and year>For example:
Instructors many also request volumes that are not specific to single term. These volumes will be named:
- Academic volumes may be created up to a maximum size of 25 GB.
- Volumes receive nightly backups unless otherwise requested.
Requesting academic AFS space
To request an academic volume, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- The name and user id of the instructor, and the user ids of anyone else who will need administrative access to the volume.
- The class number and the term for which the volume is needed.
- The size of the volume that is needed.
- If this request is for an existing academic volume, include the name of the volume and any modifications you'd like us to make to it.
Please submit requests for academic volumes at least one week in advance of when they are needed.