15-740/18-740 Fall '09
- How to write up your project
proposal (due Wednesday, October 21st, 1:30pm).
- How to write up your milestone
report (due Tuesday, November 17th, 1:30pm).
- How to write up your final
report (due Tuesday, December 1st, 1:30pm).
- Information on the poster sessions (held on Wednesday, December 2nd, and Thursday, December 3rd, from 1:30-2:50pm in WeH 5409).
- Please check the schedule to see which day you are presenting your poster!
Here are some links to simulators and other performance analysis tools
that you may find useful:
- Simulators and benchmarks list at U. of Wisconsin's
WWW Computer Architecture Page.
- Pin: a binary instrumention tool for x86.
- SimpleScalar: a superscalar processor simulator.
- Simics: a functional simulator for x86 and SPARC.
- SimFlex: a multiprocessor timing simulator.
- GEMS: a multiprocessor timing simulator.
- WARTS: Wisconsin
Architectural Research Tool Set: a collection of tools including a
path profiling tool, cache simulators, etc.
- Augmint: a
multiprocessor simulator for x86 architectures.
- RSIM: a multiprocessor
simulator that models out-of-order superscalar processors.
- PARSEC: a
suite of parallel applications for shared-memory machines that are often
used in parallel architecture studies.
- SPLASH: an
older suite of parallel applications for shared-memory machines that are often
used in parallel architecture studies. (PARSEC is preferable to SPLASH.)
- MediaBench: multimedia
Back to 15-740/18-740 home page.