Up: CS 213: Introduction to
Previous: Course Organization
For urgent communication with the teaching staff, it is best to send
electronic mail (preferred) or to phone.
If you want to talk to a staff member in person, remember that our
posted office hours are merely times when we guarantee that we will be
in our offices. You are always welcome to visit us outside of office
hours if you need help or want to talk about the course. However, we
ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:
We will use the Web as the central repository for all
information about the class. The class home page is at
- Prof. Blelloch and Prof. Maggs normally work with their office
doors open and welcome visits from students whenever their doors are
open. However, if their doors are closed, they are busy with a meeting
or a phone call and should not be disturbed.
- The TAs share offices with other students. To avoid disturbing these
students, please send mail or zephyr before visiting a TA outside
of office hours so they can arrange to meet you.
Using the Web, you can:
- Obtain copies of any handouts or assignments.
This is especially useful if you miss class or you lose your copy.
- Read clarifications and changes made to any assignments, schedules, or policies.
- Find links to any electronic data you need for your assignments
We have also set up a news
group for this class, cmu.cs.class.cs213. This group will be
used by members of the teaching staff to post announcements and
clarifications. You may also post to this group to make queries.
Guy Blelloch, email@example.com