Final Project Report - Andrei Aiordachioaie
It's pretty hard to start labeling photos of yourself with the proper coordinates if you don't know anything about Matlab and you're not willing to learn. My project is a web-application that allows anyone to upload his/her photo for the benefit of later computing and getting funny pictures.
The big picture
For a couple of days, I'll host the project on my laptop, Jubileum
My project basically combines:
- a HTML file uploader with post-processing in PHP
- a Java program for labelling photos (source-code)
- two CGI scripts in Perl meant to write files on the server (not so easy afterall !)
- a collection of files on the disk, that store the uploaded photos and the corresponding feature points
- a couple of Matlab scripts and functions to demonstrate easy processing of image on the server-side:
- The first one creates a funny picture by morphing the uploaded photo into some other photo (from the database)
- The second script computes the average faces
- two result webpages, containing the average female or male stored in the "database".
- In the end, I can see that more than half of the time I spent on the project was doing Integration . Getting Java, PHP, Matlab and Perl to work together is not trivial, but it can be done.
- In order for images in the database to be consistent, I resized them all to 500x500. And even with this size, Matlab takes a while to compute the funny-picture morph
- I included all the files we used this semester for Project 3, and now we have a small-to-medium dataset.
- You can play around with the feature points to get interesting caricatures :)
- The system is easily extendable by modifying the existing Matlab scripts or the way the programs currently work.
A photo is worth 1000 words:)