Neural Information Processing Systems
Programs and Schedules
December 1 (M), 1997: Tutorials
December 2-4 (T-Th), 1997: Main Conference
December 5-6 (F-S), 1997: Workshops
These pages last updated 09 December 1997.
If you have problems or information for the
- Address general queries and requests for registration materials to
- Address changes of address and questions about earlier
proceedings volumes to
- Address comments and problems with the web page to
- If you have trouble accessing subpages from this page,
please make sure that you are accessing this page from
These are the style files for the final versions of papers.
Latex 2.09 .sty file |
Latex 2e .sty file |
Latex .tex file |
Please Note: For those authors running the most recent release of
Latex (Latex 2e), better results will be obtained by using the 2e style
file (nips97e.sty). Authors using the older Latex 2.09 should use
the 2.09 style file (nips97.sty) (no e). The .tex file we have provided
Please print out these postscript files:
The conference page has all the details. Here are the highlights.
The tutorials page has all the details.
The workshop page has all the details. Here are some highlights.
- The full 116-page conference program is now available as a compressed
postscript file: program.ps.Z or program.ps.gz.
- The eleven page
Registration Brochure lists the program schedule, invited speakers,
tutorial speakers, workshop topics, and information about
transportation, accommodations, and registering for the conference.
- The full program is now available. See the
conference page for details.
- The conference will be held in the
Center Hotel (303 297-1300) in Denver, CO. Learn about Denver via
USA CityLink or
IntelliPages. The accommodations page has all the details.
- Parents: if you are interested in
bringing your children with you to the conference, contact
email@example.com, who is looking into making
arrangements for day care during the conference.
- The workshop schedule is not yet available, but we have a list of
the workshops, some of which have their own web pages.
- The workshops will be held at both the
Beaver Run Resort
(970 453-6000) and at the
Breckenridge Hilton Resort (970 453-4500) in Breckenridge, CO.
The accommodations page has all
- Conference attendees are eligible for special rates at the conference
and workshop venues. See the
page for details.
- See the travel
page for details on special rates, directions, and possible travel
grants to the conference and workshop venues.
Web pages for past NIPS conferences
- NIPS 9 is now available from MIT Press.
- NIPS 8 is still available from MIT Press.
- Papers from NIPS 8 are currently available online.
- NIPS 7 is still available from MIT Press
Our Publisher: MIT Press.
- Members of the Center for Computational Intelligence, Vienna have
collected references for all papers in NIPS volumes 3 through
8 in a bibtex formatted bibliography. We hope this is useful for anyone who wants to reference NIPS papers.
The entire CI BibTeX collection, which includes bibtex files for a number of
journals, can be found at:
Some of the exhibitors at NIPS have given us pointers to their
web pages. These have been collected on the
We have attempted to ensure that all information is correct, but we cannot
Please send comments and corrections to:
L. Douglas Baker
Carnegie Mellon University