Yu-Xiang Wang's Homepage
Yu-Xiang Wang 王宇翔
Address: GHC-8003, Gates Hillman Complex, 4902 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
E-mail: yuxiangw AT cs.cmu.edu
Yu-Xiang is pronounced approximately as ['ju:'ʃi:ʌŋ], namely, y~eu~ee - sh~ih~ah~ng .
Hello! Welcome to my homepage. I am a PhD student at Machine Learning Department, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University. I work with Stephen Fienberg, Alex Smola and Ryan Tibshirani on a variety of topics in machine learning, optimization and statistics. My recent interests include nonparametric regression over graphs, network modelling, differential privacy, subspace clustering and various ways to scale learning algorithms to big data.
Prior to joining CMU, I had two wonderful years working with Huan Xu (on matrix factorization and subspace clustering) and Loong-Fah Cheong (on practical/robust matrix completion and structure from motion) at National University of Singapore. Even before that, I was an FYP student in Prof. Ben M. Chen's UAV group, where I spent a good part of a year building intelligent indoor rotorcrafts.
- May 2016: Internship at Microsoft Research NYC.
- Apr 2016: Paper "Parallel and Distributed Block-Coordinate Frank-Wolfe" accepted to ICML'2016.
- Sep 2015: Two papers accepted to AISTATS'2016.
- Aug 2015: Paper "DiFacto: Distributed Factorization Machine" at WSDM'16 received Best Paper Honorable Mention.
- Nov 2015: Received Baidu Scholarship.
- Sep 2015: Paper "Differentially Private Subspace Clustering" is accepted to NIPS'2015.
- Aug 2015: Paper "Who supported Obama in 2012?" won KDD'15 Best Student Paper Award.
- Jun 2015: Visiting LARC @ Singapore Management University.
- Apr 2015: Two papers are accepted to ICML'2015, one application paper to KDD'2015, check them out here.