Tales of Men and Ghosts
By Edith Wharton
This collection appeared in book form in 1910, and consists of ten stories.
The links below go to on-line
illustrated editions of the stories
as they appeared in magazine form.
They may be somewhat different from the
way they were later published in book form.
The electronic editions are courtesy of the University of Virginia.
- The Bolted Door (Scribner's, 1908)
- His Father's Son (Scribner's, 1909)
- The Daunt Diana (Scribner's, 1909)
- The Debt (Scribner's, 1909)
- Full Circle (Scribner's, 1909)
- The Legend (Scribner's, 1910)
- The Eyes (Scribner's, 1910)
- The Blond Beast (Scribner's, 1910)
- Afterward (Century Magazine, 1910)
- The Letters (Century Magazine, 1910)
This is a "meta-book", which stitches together separate files elsewhere
on the Web as they appeared in a previously published book. It is
subject to removal if someone produces an integrated edition; if this
Online Books Page
will point to the integrated version. For questions, and comments,
write to firstname.lastname@example.org