I am a postdoctoral fellow at Carnegie Mellon, working with Profs. Deva Ramanan and Abhinav Gupta. My research interests are in computer vision (particularly large-scale recognition), machine learning and human-computer interaction.
- May 2016: I will be an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science department at Princeton starting in August 2017.
- April 2016: Our SAILORS camp is in the news again: Can AI Help Gender Diversity Help AI?
- April 2016: Slides for my talk on ``The Human Side of Computer Vision'' are now available [slides, videos for slides].
- February 2016: End-to-end Learning of Action Detection from Frame Glimpses in Videos accepted to CVPR 2016.
- January 2016: Code for our CVPR 2015 paper on Joint calibration of Ensemble of Exemplar SVMs is now available.
- December 2015: Our work on increasing diversity in STEM is featured in Foreign Policy magazine.
- November 2015: Our new paper presenting a unified deep learning model for action detection in videos is available on arxiv (and we have a project page, too).
- October 2015: Some code for our CVPR 2015 paper on Human-Machine Collaboration for Object Annotation as well as for our tech report on Point Supervisions for Semantic Segmentation is now available.
- October 2015: ImageNet challenge 2015 is in full swing. The joint ILSVRC+COCO workshop will take place on December 17.
- October 2015: New paper describing SAILORS is accepted to SIGCSE 2016.
- August 2015: SAILORS, the AI program for girls I co-founded this summer, is featured in Wired.
- August 2015: I graduated with my PhD and moved to start a postdoc at CMU.
- August 2015: I'll be an Area Chair for WACV2016.
- July 2015: New paper on dense action detection available on arxiv.
- June 2015: New paper on weakly supervised semantic segmentation available on arxiv.
- March 2015: Our ImageNet challenge paper is accepted to IJCV. [bibtex]
- March 2015: Two papers accepted to CVPR2015:
- Best of both worlds: human-machine collaboration for object annotation (with Li-Jia Li and Li Fei-Fei)
- Joint calibration of Ensemble of Exemplar SVMs (with Davide Modolo, Alexander Vezhnevets and Vittorio Ferrari)
- January 2015: Fei-Fei Li, Rick Sommer and I are co-directing the first-ever Stanford AI Lab Outreach Summer program. It is a two-week full-time summer program for high-school students. Our goal is to encourage interest in the field of AI among underrepresented minorities.
- January 2015: I'll be the Publicity and Press chair for CVPR2016.